Monday 30 November 2015

Social Media Craze (1)

I thought of starting a series post that'll  be featured on the blog for a month(I. E 4 posts of same topic in 4weeks).  Cool thoughts,  right?  I'd start with this social media post and try to get updated with the series thingy in subsequent month.
Social media  are computer-related tools that allow people create, share or exchange information, career interests, ideas, and pictures/videos in virtual communities and network through the use of Internet. 
In a way I'd say it's abused,  the use of social media has gone way beyond what it's intended for..... Most of us get informed in one way or the other through most of these social media platforms while others choose to give us personal information that's  of less benefits or use to us.
One of the reasons why I dislike it,  I try to avoid going to some platforms  it but I still find myself scrolling through my time line...... Giggling at that funny meme,  admiring that cute couple I just saw on Belle naija, liking / retweeting that bad Belle/ hilarious post on Twitter..... I've  had enough!..... Or do I say I jes can't get enough..... Oh well! 
Can I deal?  Yes!. 
Do I enjoy the dramas?.  Maybe/ maybe not *rollseyes*
Do I want more drama?  Of course,  I could be a good story teller to those who missed it. 
Do I love the DMs,  Inbox messages?  Hell, No! *straight face *
I'm sure most of us have had a bit of crazy experience on one of these platforms,  if not all. 
I've got weekly series of my thoughts on these different platforms.  Starting with Facebook down to Google +.  I'd only give a detailed write up on platforms of which I've had crazy experience with different species of higher animals. 
This is just to let you know I'm game for this post cos  I've got  a prepared write up on my experience on these platform ranging from Facebook,  Twitter,  IG,  whatsapp,  BBM,  Gmail,  google+, LinkedIn,  blogger.  Just can't wait to share some of my experience on each of these platform.  Of course,  I'd air my views on so many things I wish could be installed / activated on each of these platforms.
WHICH PLATFORM DO I NEED TO GIVE A TRY?
For now, YouTube and Periscope.
I'm not active on snapchat.....  I only opened an account but had issues on how to go about it,  I just woke up one morning and deleted the app (I need space for movies abeg) .
  Periscope is what I'd really love to give a try,  I'd definitely open a Periscope account one day(learnt it's good for bloggers,  I'd give it a try tsha ).  I know YouTube is eagerly waiting for  an Aspiring presenter like me,  I still owe me an account on YouTube. 
So which platform do you need to give a try ?  Share them with me in the comment box

Do have a stress less and fulfilled week.
Happy New month in advance.
Debra

2 comments:

  1. I should try YouTube and Skype but I'm a tad shy. The few times I used Skype, I switched off the camera *covers face*
    How about getting some of your readers to pitch in and write their own experiences too??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loool....turned off the camera?... Funny bae nut that's what makes it more fun naa. I love Skype tho...... It's helps more for the people in distance relationship. Loool.
    Yes dear, that's a great suggestion it starts with you..... Guess I'd disturb you for yours. Check your mail now now. Loool

    ReplyDelete