Tuesday 23 July 2013

STRAIGHT FROM THE HEART posted by Odeniran Deborah Olamide



 
I’ve always had this article stuck in my head but had to lay low because I didn’t want to start it with just anything. Yea!, I never wanted just a post, I needed  a reference (a living testimony) and Linda Ikeji is just the perfect one I got here. Linda’s last post http://www.lindaikeji.blogspot.com/2013/07/dear-lib-readers-letter-from-me-linda.html#more was one of the reasons I had to get off my shell and just drop it.
I’m gon start with this question ”What motivates you? Or Who motivates you?”. That question might seem deep or the other way round but really that’s not the business here.
From my 1st year in the University of Lagos till this moment, I’ve met ladies, both the good, bad and ugly. I’ve even seen the dumb ones, bitches and intelligent babes. You see miss A with an iPhone 4s and that greedy you would try all means to own an iPad by force by fire.

Beauty fades. Too much of Sex would make you age fast. For how long do you want to keep opening that filthy ass of yours just to get some chicken change. There's no difference between you and a prostitute if you have sex with a guy just to get some cash or the latest gadget. When would you sit down and ask yourself what you can do with your life?  Sad much some ladies just feel its sex, he’ll get into me for some minutes and that’s all. It’s not just about Sex, it’s about what happens in the spiritual realm, it’s a spiritual bond. *I’m not here to preach though*.
My main concern here is when would you sit down, talk to yourself and screw out that confidence in you to do something beneficial in your life. Most babes feel it’s their time, they’re in vogue, they can have this cool fling with any guy that comes. Fine!! Go ahead *ain’t hating on you* I only feel sad for that time you’re wasting.

Linda Ikeji and other successful ladies are great ladies that seems to motivate me. Not married and still a success story. They aren’t men, they are beings like us. They are living cool now because they hustled at the right time. When would you sit down and think of that fame you’d screw out of your name. would it be a positive one or negative one?.  Even if they get married tomorrow, they would still be referred to with their maiden name by the public.  
 
Make Plans. Better still jot them, list all you want, tuck it in your bible, pray on it daily after devotion, always remind yourself of all you want or intend to be. God isn’t asleep. My blue print this year just turns out real in a funny way.  Trying times would come, never let it weigh you down, instead keep reminding yourself  “you’re destined for greatness, this is just a storm, everything would be fine soon. I’ll be a success story”

 Do anything that comes to your mind if it seems sensible. You don’t need people’s view. I remember asking some people for their views when I was about to start blogging.  Some convinced me not to but I still stucked to Pastor Lala’s "JUST DO IT"
If your ex or anyone inspires you to write an article, write it, you might end up writing a book – DEB. Don’t get moved by anyone telling you ‘you just wrote that book ‘cos you’re in pains or cos he jilted you’. The emotional pain that led to the write-up might lead to a positive fame. My blog is no where yet but some comments about my post is enough to tinini Tanana (tickle) my heart (i don't let it get into my head 'cos i know i still have a long way to go).

Move with positive-minded people. Those who believe in you. Those who won’t pick on your flaws but rather build up that confidence in you. Also believe in yourself, think big!. Say positive things to yourself. “I wasn’t born a failure, I can do it, I will make it”.

My business is about we (Ladies). What runs through our thoughts, are we’re so concerned about the future?  Do we have an insight on where we’d be in the next 5 years?  Those who knows me know 
 I plan, I don’t just plan. I say mine alongside because Pastor Lala motivated me through the 1st service in SAF (Sovereign Army Fellowship) this year, she said ‘Just DO IT, and also keep Saying it’. Forget about that hater who’s yimu’ing at or behind you, you’ll definitely recognize them with their bent nose.
 I remembered this close hajia friend of mine who scolds me to stop being so full of myself but backing every wish or plan of God with Insha Allah which means by the grace of God.  Let GOD be your back up.

Yea! And this reminds me of what Dad always tell I and my kid sis, "its not about WHAT you know (your skills, ideas, whatever), its about WHO you know (GOD)". The more you get closer to him, the more things work out fine with ease for you.

 That nigga’s money shouldn’t be our concern, our business should be how we’d make it.  How we’d touch lives . How we’d be a success story. I believe we can.

9 comments:

  1. cool... tell them! thumbs up boo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool, tell them! thumbs up boo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmmmm debby...nice one..you are online and on-track...keep it up wish you the best

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one child lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice 1 keep it up u gonna get there

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks y'all.............lol@child. Thanks mom/dad

    ReplyDelete